As the worldwide financial crisis plays out and financial institutions are at the center of controversy, there is only one publication to help you…
- Follow tax and regulatory changes affecting financial institutions that stem from legislative, regulatory, or judicial bodies and governmental assistance programs
- Comply with complex and potentially conflicting rules from U.S. and international regulators and standard setters
- Seize tax opportunities from ongoing structural changes within the financial services industry that others might overlook
- Structure domestic and cross-border transactions to be advantageous from tax and regulatory perspectives
- Stay up-to-date regarding legal implications of the latest financial products, innovative transactions, and market developments.
The Journal of Taxation and Regulation of Financial Institutions is devoted exclusively to analyzing today's increasingly complex financial-markets environment—providing legal, tax, accounting, and compliance professionals with valuable knowledge and insights from the industry's foremost experts.
You'll find expert answers and advice on critical questions like these: What aspects of the tax system for financial institutions are at risk for an overhaul? How will regulation and oversight by the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection impact the way financial institutions should do business? What issues must be addressed in properly accounting for financial instruments under different standards? Just what is a tax shelter—and what are the consequences for those who design and market them? How should banks comply with capital regulation that results from federal rules and Basel III reforms? How will the compensation packages your institution offers to key executives have to change, and how can tax planning make the changes more palatable? How can you locate your treasury functions and special-purpose subsidiaries to achieve maximum tax benefits?
The Journal of Taxation and Regulation of Financial Institutions welcomes unsolicited proposals or article manuscripts from attorneys and other tax, regulatory, and compliance professionals. For more information please see the Guide for Authors or contact the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. A sample article can be viewed here.
Journal of Taxation of Investments; Money Laundering, Terrorism and Financial Institutions; Municipal Finance Journal