Management and Administration of Correctional Health Care
Editor: Jacqueline Moore, Ph.D., R.N., C.C.H.P.-A.
Authoritative guidance on legal, clinical and administrative issues in the provision of health care to correctional populations.
This indispensable resource on institutional management issues and effective clinical approaches in the correctional environment:
- Concisely outlines federal law applicable to inmate medical care, and tells you how to avoid liability risks
- Gives you detailed clinical practice guidelines
- Provides strategies to limit the risk of disease transmission among inmates
- Details ways to successfully implement telemedicine procedures in correctional medical and dental programs, to enhance care while cutting costs and improving security
- Spotlights the issues raised by an aging inmate population — and provides potential solutions
- Addresses the special health concerns of juvenile offenders
- Explains which administrative, programmatic, clinical and pharmaceutical approaches work best for inmates with mental disorders
- Shows how to use correctional health services to help reduce violence
- Outlines methods for coping with nursing shortages
- Offers strategies to contain cost while improving the quality of correctional health care services
Correctional Health Care Report
Managing Special Populations in Jails and Prisons
Table of Contents (PDF)
Format: Hardcover Book
© 2003 536 pp.
Price: US $135.95
Product Code: CHP