EBDY highlights cutting-edge findings and effective approaches and programs for prevention, early intervention, and treatment of emotional and behavioral disorders in children and adolescents. Because a range of factors, such as family mental illness, peer factors, neighborhood violence, neglect, trauma, substance use, and school environments can increase the probability of mental disorders in youth, EBDY features research findings and programs that reduce purported risk factors for youth as well as those that directly treat emotional and behavioral disorders.
EBDY translates the newest science in terms of its practical implications; describes school, community-based, and clinical intervention programs that have been shown to work; and explains how they can be replicated, offering policy and programmatic suggestions for improving real-world practices in these various settings. EBDY provides practical information that professionals across a wide range of disciplines can—and should—put to use in their day-to-day work with children and adolescents. You will learn about programs that are really working in communities and schools around the country … and which ones are not worth your time, money and effort.
EBDY serves as a bridge between child mental health researchers and practitioners, and as a forum for the review and discussion of policies and programs relevant to the reform and improvement of systems of mental health care for youth. You get authoritative, hands-on, “best practices” guidance on:
- Which disorders most often affect children and adolescents
- How to identify at-risk youth
- Which assessment instruments work best with this population
- The best early-intervention and prevention programs
- What the latest research findings mean for teachers and mental health practitioners in the field
- When and why psychotherapeutic medication makes sense for children
- The role of the school counselor
- How to make interdisciplinary interventions work
- Which quality assurance and evaluation techniques will help to keep your programs viable and effective
Your subscription to EBDY includes online access to quarterly issues dating back to 2001, four new online issues each year, and an annual print edition containing the four issues from the current volume year—a complete online and print library of important research results and evidence-based practices to assist you in your work.
Managing Adolescent Depression